Sales volumes spiked by 779% just before big announcement
CryptoPunks trading volumes shot up by 779% overnight, one day before Yuga Labs announced the appointment of Noah Davis as brand lead for the NFT collection. Davis is joining the project from Christie’s, where he’s been the Head of Digital Sales for the auction house since 2020.
- CryptoPunks trading volumes increased by nearly 8x to $8,120,614 on June 18th.
- Late on June 19th, former Christie’s Head of Digital Sales Noah Davis announced on Twitter that he will join CryptoPunks as brand lead.
- Amid accusations of blatant, but legal, insider trading, people are wondering what regulations might be introduced to curb people taking advantage of the Wild Web3.
Did anyone else notice the CryptoPunks trading volumes shoot up over the weekend? If you missed the news, here’s a quick recap:
- Trading volumes for CryptoPunks went up by 779%.
- In USD value, sales went from $1,032,567 on June 17th to $8,120,614…